5. You're convinced that the relationship ending in a recent breakup is an epic tale of tribulation and triumph that must be shared with the world.
4. Your staggering insight and beautiful uniqueness of thought --- which faithfully reemerges every time you smoke a bowl --- has led you to a concept for a story that is like On the Road, Star Wars, and Lord of the Rings rolled into one, but deeper, more intricate, better. It's so deep, in fact, that it's far better articulated to your friends on the couch than on paper. They're the only ones who would really appreciate its genius anyway.
3. You think girls will be more inclined to have sex with you.
(Author acknowledges this was a "Best Reason." Depends on the night.)
2. You will make millions of dollars off book sales, movie deals and, eventually, action figures, theme parks, commencement addresses and appearances at nightclub openings.
1. You know the exact person who will play your main character (or your main character's love interest) in the film adaptation, and said actor will undoubtedly thank you, repeatedly... over a series of dinners that lead to enduring friendship... for conceiving the landmark role of their career.
The Savior Complex
1 month ago